Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grow your own...

or how to have a Victory Garden at your house!
I reciently came across this:

"If every U.S. citizen ate just one meal a week (any meal) composed of locally and organically raised meats and produce, we would reduce our country’s oil consumption by over 1.1 million barrels of oil every week. That’s not gallons, but barrels."*
- Oily Food, by Steven Hopp

somehow it hit me in the face like a dead carp. There really is something simple that can be done about the oil and gas thing. No real effort there, just good food!

So here I am wishing hard for spring time and planning my garden. The tea cozy is almost finished and at least one of my swaps is ready to go into the mail tomorrow. I feel all accomplished and stuff! My plans for the cardboard tea caddy are in place and I think I am going to have much fun with that challange.

No comments: